Stay with us by subscribing to our newsletter.
See you on the hill!
Stay with us by subscribing to our newsletter.
See you on the hill!
In 800 AC monks settled down at the foot of this hill. Ruins on the elevation nearby the Spring of Lantouy, give us an idea of a harmonic spiritual life in nature. Many years after the monks, lord Gayfié installed a farm on the hill and constructed several buildings which are still standing to this day: the barn (Grange), his villa, the pigsty (porcherie) and the shepfold (bergerie). After his death, Domaine de Gayfié was home to a horse farm, a truffle plantation and, pretty close to our presence, St. Etienne Football Club. Lucky for us, the guy in charge of managing the construction of 200 bungalows and an elevator down the hill, took all the money and defected to Mexico.
In 1991, after many years of being left untouched, the tourist Residence Domaine de Gayfié was installed and in 2001, Lilo finally took over the place. In 2015, her son Richard and his greenhorn friends decided to organise a slightly oversized home party with Funktion Ones and international booking on top of that hill and called it Monticule Festival. When You are reading these lines, preparations for the fifth edition are already in full swing. The baby has grown a bit. Let’s take a breath to worship the time and space which was given to us. We are all just particles on this round. Maybe the monks are coming back soon.
„Wie Gott in Frankreich“ („like God in France“) is an expression extract from German literature which is synonymic for life of wonders, bliss and joy. We’ve constructed our hosting approach around this romantic ideal, so we do our very best to deliver you the full Monte Verità experience.
Therefore Monticule is not only a music festival, but also a retreat for inner awareness, natural adventures, great regional food and fun. We offer a broad range of Workshops: Yoga, Astronomy Lessons, Massage, Cave Tours, Skateboarding, Donkey Riding and Pool Fun are only some of them. The natural surroundings are perfect for discovering trips to small deep blue streams, oak woods, monastery ruins and the Lot river. If you’re up for cultural experiences, discover the surrounding villages with their ancient buildings, original restaurants and small markets.
All tickets include camping. 5 Euro waste deposit & Seetickets shop fee are coming on top.
Rent a house on Domaine de Gayfié or in the small mid-age towns Cajarc and St. Jean de Laur. Both towns are genuine, almost untouristic and only 5 minutes by car from the festival site.
Monticule is growing slowly but surely. Thus our family is always on the look-out for new characters.
Do you want to be part of the Monticule warriors?
Our food plaza is looking for cutting edge chefs.
Send your concept here
Reaching Monticule was never that simple. Our Toulouse Airport shuttles bring you to the festival in 1,5 hours. If you plan to discover the region, a car or bus is perfect. If you’re adventurous, public transportation brings you to Cajarc from where we offer shuttles as well.
The nearest airport is Toulouse, approximately 140km away. From there our airport shuttles bring you directly to the festival. We are offering airport shuttles on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday. Shuttle tickets available in our ticket shop. Seats limited. No shuttle without reservation.
The car park is 15 minutes away from the festival, and has limited space. There are special spaces for VW busses, camper vans and mobile homes. Both areas have limited capacity. You can buy parking & camper van tickets at our ticket shop.
The closest bus stop to Monticule Festival is the small town Cajarc. From there we offer shuttles service directly to the campgrounds. Shuttle tickets available at our ticket shop.
The best way for searching train & bus connections in france is: SNCF
Book your journey on AllonsBonTrain, the train sharing platform and save up to 60%. Little extra: Travel with other participants and reduce your carbon footprint by promoting train.
Domaine de Gayfie,
Camping: 19.06.2019 – 07:00 am
Festival: 19.06.2019 – 12:00 noon
Closing: 23.06.2019 – 10:00 pm
You lost your e-ticket? No worries. You can get your details & documents via See Tickets support.
As of now Monticule is cashless. During the festival days you can pay with your wristband at all bars and stands. Means you’ll never lose your wallet again. Recharging your chip with cash and credit/debit cards is super easy and possible 24/7.
More information, faq and Pre-Charging: monticulefestival.com/cash
Our beautiful camping area is filled with trees protecting the tents from direct sunlight. Due to the risk of forest fires, camping stoves and open fires are strictly prohibited! The campsite cannot be reached by car. Feel free to use the panorama showers which were specially built for you. Please only use biodegradable shower gel and shampoo to save ground water and nature.
Please note, we are located in a very dry region with high risk of forest fires. Therefore ANY USE of open fire is strictly forbidden, including camping stoves! In order to protect the stunning nature we would also like to encourage you to dispose of your cigarettes into the provided ashtrays. Consider also: Even a cigarette butt can accidentally start a fire in a dry environment!
At some places on the festival ground there are very dangerous cliffs. They are up to 200 meters tall and extremely steep, rocky slopes, which are hard to spot. Therefore we must ask you to follow the provided paths at all times and respect fences and barriers – they are only there for YOUR safety.
We do not accept any kind of violence against other people. If you feel harmed by another person please directly contact our securities or staff.
Monticule Festival puts special emphasis on sustainability and conservation. We buy mostly regional products, separate and avoid waste, offer next-gen dry toilets and work with our environmental manager Rudy, to improve every year. Please respect the nature and allow us to reenter Monticule Festival next year.
It is very important to us to put together a sustainable festival to protect the beautiful nature. By returning a packed garbage bag to the Recycling Center at Sunday between 10am and 4pm, you will get your 5€ garbage deposit back.
At our marketplace, you will find a diverse range of food stands using local products. A breakfast cantina will be run by locals, and for snacks and other needs there will be a kiosk. You may bring your own food and beverages to the campsite. However we depend on refinancing the festival by selling drinks on site, so please understand that we cannot allow self provided drinks & food on the festival grounds.
Flashlight, sunscreen, toilet paper, insect repellent, biodegradable shampoo, ear plugs, painkillers, swimwear, towels, water bottle, condoms, toothbrush.
Free drinking water is provided from several places on the site, you are welcome to fill up your containers and bottles
Domaine de Gayfié lies in Parc naturel régional de Causses du Quercy, which means that there are plenty of different things to explore. By following the small serpentines down the hill, you gonna pass the Gouffre de Lantouy, a turquoise 80-meters deep spring and the ruins of an ancient monastery. Passing the Lot via the beautiful old suspension bridge you reach Cajarc, one of the most beautiful french mid-age villages. The authentic market-place, shops and restaurants definitely worth a visit.
D – 80339 München
GF: Florian Scheuer
USt.-IdNr / VAT: DE298975446
Register: Amtsgericht München
Despite careful proof we hold no liability for the content of external links. The operators are exclusively responsible for the content of linked pages
Webdesign & Development:
Creative Direction: Daily Dialogue
Webdesign & Development: Philipp Polder
Illustrations: Moriz Oberberger
Typeface: Clemens Piontek
1. Entrance to the festival will only be permitted with a valid ticket. The resale of purchased tickets is permitted for the same price only. Monticule GmbH reserves the right to deny admission. In this case, the Festival visitor will have the right for reimbursement of the ticket, unless the denial of the entrance is well founded. Any further claim for damages is excluded, unless the organizers acted with gross negligence or with intent. Entrance to the festival site is only permitted with the festival wristband. The guest will receive the ribbons in exchange for a valid ticket at the entrance.
2. In the case that the event is canceled before it begins, you will be offered a refund the face value of the ticket. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Festival for any reason within our control. Any further claim for compensation is not accepted. The event will take place regardless of the weather, as long as it is not life threatening. Should this be the case, the event will be canceled immediately. If the Festival is cancelled due to any reason outside of our control, misconduct of festival goes, as well as official orders or court decisions we reserve the right for any compensation.
3. The festival visitors are aware that music festivals represent an environment with a high noise level. The Festival organizers shall take the necessary precautions in order to prevent permanent hearing or health damage. Nevertheless, the festival visitors are strongly advised to protect their hearing or health with the use of earplugs. The festival visitors are attending entirely at their own risk. The organizers can not to held liable for any hearing or health damage due to the festival visitors lack of preparedness, unless the unless the organizers acted with gross negligence or with intent.
4. Claims for damages against the organizers due to negligence are not accepted. This also applies to its legal representatives or its agents. This regulation does not cover damage due to injury of the body, life, health, and in cases of gross negligence or intent of the organizers (except the 2nd point), or due to the breach of contract. Whereby in this case the claim for damages is limited to compensation for the foreseeable typical damage. Further liability shall be excluded.
5. It is prohibited to bring any of the following to the event; any kind of glass containers, cans, plastic bottles, own food, hard packages, cooler bags, other heavy containers, flares & fireworks, weapons of any kind and other dangerous objects. The security personnel has been instructed to carry out a body searches. With the purchase of a ticket you agree to these terms and conditions. We may refuse entry or evict you if you are behaving in a disorderly, offensive or inappropriate manner, or if you breach the entry Conditions. In such cases refunds will no be provided.
6. All audio and/or visual recordings of the Festival are prohibited, other than recordings only for private purposes, and not public display (including social media) or for commercial purposes. You cannot use any kind of drones or similar to make recordings. Generally recordings of any kind are prohibited without the explicit permission of the organizers or an artist and publication of such recordings will be prosecuted.
7. The organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Festival for any reason within our control. In this case, we reserve the right to announce this up to a week before the event. We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues or seating arrangements. No refunds will be made in this case.
8. Should you have the permission to park a vehicle on the festival grounds, you do so at your own risk. The organizers cannot be held liable for damage or theft, unless they acted with intent or gross negligence.
9. Neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) you buy or bring to the Festival.
10. Any commercial actions on the part of the festival visitors are prohibited without prior written consent of the organizers.
11. Terms and conditions apply on the whole festival grounds and will be exercised by the organizers and third parties as commissioned.
12. The so-called stage diving, crowd surfing, climbing onto the stage, trusses or the like is prohibited. Such misconduct can lead to eviction from the event.
13. Youth Protection
13.1. On the festival grounds, the provisions of the law on protection of minors in the public apply.
13.2. Children and adolescents under 18 years of ages are not allowed on the festival grounds.
14. You agree that we can collect and keep personal information about you including your name, address, credit card or payment details, telephone number and the names of all ticket allocations. We may need to disclose your personal information as required by law or as permitted under the Privacy Act. If you wish to object to the use of this statements as a whole, just notify us under:
D – 80339 München
15. Animals are not allowed on the festival grounds.
16. Beverages on the festival grounds will be sold in plastic cups only, for which a deposit will be charged.
17. By entering the festival grounds you consent to be included in any film and/or sound recordings of the Festival or its surrounds and for these recordings to be used by us.
18. If any provision is invalid, the remaining provisions shall not be affected. Instead of the invalid clause will be turned into the statutory scheme.
Personal data (usually referred to just as “data” below) will only be processed by us to the extent necessary and for the purpose of providing a functional and user-friendly website, including its contents, and the services offered there.
Per Art. 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”), “processing” refers to any operation or set of operations such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, alignment, or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction performed on personal data, whether by automated means or not.
I. Information about us as controllers of your data
II. The rights of users and data subjects
III. Information about the data processing
The party responsible for this website (the “controller”) for purposes of data protection law is:Monticule GmbH
With regard to the data processing to be described in more detail below, users and data subjects have the right
In addition, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom it discloses data of any such corrections, deletions, or restrictions placed on processing the same per Art. 16, 17 Para. 1, 18 GDPR. However, this obligation does not apply if such notification is impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Nevertheless, users have a right to information about these recipients.
Likewise, under Art. 21 GDPR, users and data subjects have the right to object to the controller’s future processing of their data pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. In particular, an objection to data processing for the purpose of direct advertising is permissible.III. Information about the data processing
Your data processed when using our website will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose for its storage ceases to apply, provided the deletion of the same is not in breach of any statutory storage obligations or unless otherwise stipulated below.
This processing makes our website more user-friendly, efficient, and secure, allowing us, for example, to display our website in different languages or to offer a shopping cart function.
The legal basis for such processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR, insofar as these cookies are used to collect data to initiate or process contractual relationships.
If the processing does not serve to initiate or process a contract, our legitimate interest lies in improving the functionality of our website. The legal basis is then Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
When you close your browser, these session cookies are deleted.b) Third-party cookies
Please refer to the following information for details, in particular for the legal basis and purpose of such third-party collection and processing of data collected through cookies.c) Disabling cookies
If you prevent or restrict the installation of cookies, not all of the functions on our site may be fully usable.
If you contact us via email or the contact form, the data you provide will be used for the purpose of processing your request. We must have this data in order to process and answer your inquiry; otherwise we will not be able to answer it in full or at all.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Your data will be deleted once we have fully answered your inquiry and there is no further legal obligation to store your data, such as if an order or contract resulted therefrom.
We use Google Analytics on our website. This is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 (hereinafter: Google).
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Google guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
The Google Analytics service is used to analyze how our website is used. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the analysis, optimization, and economic operation of our site.
Usage and user-related information, such as IP address, place, time, or frequency of your visits to our website will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. However, we use Google Analytics with the so-called anonymization function, whereby Google truncates the IP address within the EU or the EEA before it is transmitted to the US.
The data collected in this way is in turn used by Google to provide us with an evaluation of visits to our website and what visitors do once there. This data can also be used to provide other services related to the use of our website and of the internet in general.
Google states that it will not connect your IP address to other data. In addition, Google provides further information with regard to its data protection practices at
including options you can exercise to prevent such use of your data.
In addition, Google offers an opt-out add-on at
Our website uses the plug-in of the Facebook social network. Facebook.com is a service provided by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. In the EU, this service is also operated by Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland, hereinafter both referred to as “Facebook.”
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Facebook guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in improving the quality of our website.
Further information about the possible plug-ins and their respective functions is available from Facebook at
If the plug-in is stored on one of the pages you visit on our website, your browser will download an icon for the plug-in from Facebook’s servers in the USA. For technical reasons, it is necessary for Facebook to process your IP address. In addition, the date and time of your visit to our website will also be recorded.
If you are logged in to Facebook while visiting one of our plugged-in websites, the information collected by the plug-in from your specific visit will be recognized by Facebook. The information collected may then be assigned to your personal account at Facebook. If, for example, you use the Facebook Like button, this information will be stored in your Facebook account and published on the Facebook platform. If you want to prevent this, you must either log out of Facebook before visiting our website or use an add-on for your browser to prevent the Facebook plug-in from loading.
We use Vimeo to display videos on our website. This is a service of Vimeo, LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA, hereinafter referred to as “Vimeo.”
Some of the user data is processed on Vimeo servers in the USA. Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Vimeo guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
The legal basis for collecting and processing this information is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in improving the quality of our website.
When you access a page on our website that has Vimeo embedded in it, a connection to Vimeo’s servers in the USA is established. For technical reasons, it is necessary for Vimeo to process your IP address. In addition, the date and time of your visit to our website will also be recorded.
If you are logged into Vimeo while visiting one of our webpages containing a Vimeo video, Vimeo will associate information about your interaction with our site to your Vimeo account. If you wish to prevent this, you must either log out of Vimeo before visiting our website or configure your Vimeo user account accordingly.
For the purpose of functionality and usage analysis, Vimeo uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics stores cookies on your terminal device via your browser and transmits information about the use of those websites in which a Vimeo video is embedded to Google. It is possible that Google will process this information in the USA.
If you do not agree to this processing, you have the option of preventing the installation of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser. Further details can be found in the section about cookies above.
The legal basis for collecting and processing this information is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in improving the quality of our website and in Vimeo’s legitimate interest in statistically analyzing user behavior for optimization and marketing purposes.
Vimeo offers further information about its data collection and processing as well your rights and your options for protecting your privacy at this link:
We offer you the opportunity to register for our free newsletter via our website.
We use MailChimp, a service of The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA, hereinafter referred to as “The Rocket Science Group”.
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
the Rocket Science Group guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States. In addition, the Rocket Science Group offers further information about its data protection practices at
The newsletter then sent out by The Rocket Science Group will also contain a tracking pixel called a web beacon. This pixel helps us evaluate whether and when you have read our newsletter and whether you have clicked any links contained therein. In addition to further technical data, such as data about your computer hardware and your IP address, the data processed will be stored so that we can optimize our newsletter and respond to the wishes of our readers. The data will therefore increase the quality and attractiveness of our newsletter.
The legal basis for sending the newsletter and the analysis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
You may revoke your prior consent to receive this newsletter under Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR with future effect. All you have to do is inform us that you are revoking your consent or click on the unsubscribe link contained in each newsletter.
We offer you the opportunity to take part in contests on our website. If you participate in one of our competitions, the data you provide when you enter will be processed without your further consent, but only to run the contest.
As part of the competition, we will pass on your data to the transport company entrusted with the delivery of the goods or to a financial service provider if the transfer is necessary for the delivery or payment of your winnings. If you win and your information is to be published, you will be informed of this in the declaration of consent.
The legal basis for the transfer of this data is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Your consent to the processing of your data for participation in our competitions may be exercised in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR with future effect. All you have to do is inform us that you are revoking your consent.